Re-Editing

 Hello and welcome to or welcome back to my blog! In todays blog I will be telling you about the process of re-editing for my final task. Two blogs ago I mentioned that my little sister peer reviewed my final task and she gave critiques. Last blog I talked about how we re-filmed the dance scene based off of those critiques. Todays is about the editing ones. My group member Annabel and I re-edited it in class together so that we could both easily incorporate ideas.

The first thing I did was fix the choppiness in the beginning. I did that by trying to overlap the sound from each clip. It is a little hard to explain but I cut the audio from one part. Then I deleted the clip from where it came from. Extended the other clip, and added the audio over that part. I think it fixed the choppiness a little and now the scene looks like it runs smoother. Another thing she mentioned was that it needed some background music at the end where "Ava" gets taken because it felt empty. After watching one of my friends final task, I really liked the suspenseful music that they had in the background, so I asked for the link to it. Once she sent it I added it to the end of mines and it really added to the scene and made it feel more put together.

The last thing she said she didn't like was the text message bubble icons on the screen. As I mentioned in a previous blog this made me a little sad because I did work hard trying to make it work and get it to look good but I do agree with her. I think I just needed a reason to finally get rid of it and I don't the Annabel would've said anything. I think she really wanted it to work too because it was one of our big ideas. After deleting that part it looked better. I do hope that one day in the future I can learn to get it to work.

So now our final task is officially done! All the filming and all of the editing. It was a lot of hard work and I am so happy with how it turned out and I can't wait to post it on here. Thank you!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

“Gone” - Final Task